Dhanya Laxmi A/P Sivanantham
Dhanya graduated from the University of Manchester in 2019 with a LL.B (Hons). She subsequently completed the LL.M Legal Practice (Barristers) in 2021, a joint Bar Professional Training Course and Master’s degree program, and was called to the Bar of England and Wales as a member of the Honourable Society of the Middle Temple in March 2021.
She was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in March 2022. She is now part of the Senior Partner’s Office practice group under the supervision of our Senior Partner, Dato’ Azmi Mohd Ali.
Some of Dhanya’s assignments are as follows:
• The provision of legal advisory services in relation to the rebadging of employees and the drafting of employment agreements for expatriate employees.
• Prepared legal due diligence for a law firm in India on matters relating to the exportation of ready-to-eat food products from India to Malaysia.
• Assisted with the advisory on the structure for a 100% acquisition of a target company by a public listed company, which involves the incorporation of a joint-venture company and a special purpose vehicle, the drafting of term sheets and transactional documents, submission to the Economic Planning Unit, a legal due diligence, and the preparation of a legal due diligence
• Assisted with the legal due diligence and preparation of a legal due diligence report on the potential acquisition by a German manufacturer of high-precision thermal measurement sensors for industrial and automotive applications with a production site in
• Assisted with the advisory and drafting in relation to a Waste-to-Energy project in
• Assisted with the reviewing of lease and tenancy agreements for Foot Locker Malaysia Bhd.
• Co-wrote an article titled “Personal Data Protection Act 2010: Does it Apply to Government Agencies?”
• Co-wrote an article titled “Legal Aspects of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) in Malaysia”