Syed Muhammad Ridza graduated from University Kebangsaan Malaysia with an LL. B (Hons) in 1999.
He completed his chambering with under the guidance of Mr L. Parthiban of Messrs L. Parthiban & Asssociates and was called to the Malaysian Bar in April 2000 and gained significant exposure and experience in conveyancing practices during his term with Kushairi & Co.
Seeking new perspective of law from a corporate point of view, he joined Johor Corporation and Johor Port Berhad as their Legal Officer. He then returned to practice with Messrs Abdul Hakim Abdul Rahman & Co and headed the conveyancing section of the firm. He was responsible for the management of the firm’s resources in handing developer projects such as Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad, Kejora, Uda Land and others.
He was also in charge for the preparation of loan documentations for consumers and commercial (both convensional and Islamic) for financial institutions such as Bank Islam, Maybank, SME Bank, AgroBank and others. He was also responsible in drafting agreements such as Joint Venture Agreement, Production Agreement and Operators Agreement as requested by bodies like Pertubuhan Peladang Negeri Johor, Persatuan Nelayan and others.
Among the works that he has undertaken all this while:
• Drafting of Third-Party Bai’ Bithamanil Ajil facility documents for Bank Islam;
• Preparation of Islamic Multi Trade Facility of RM13 million for SME Bank;
• Preparation and perfection of private treaty sale for MRCB of RM34 million;
• Drafting of Joint Venture Agreement between Pertubuhan Peladang Negeri Johor and Trademate Sdn Bhd for the development of about 300 acres of agriculture land for agrotourism industries;
• Preparation of Islamic Multi Trade Facility of RM10 million for Agro Bank;
• Preparation of Sand Quarry Operators Agreement between Persatuan Nelayan Johor Selatan, Kaman Marine Sdn Bhd and Jasaraya Sdn Bhd;
• Prepared legal documentation for property development project for SPNB in Taman Seri Setanggi;
• Prepared legal documentation for property development project for Felda Properties Sdn Bhd in Felda Pasak, Kota Tinggi, Johor;
• Prepared legal documentation for property development project for Mudra Tropika Sdn Bhd;
• Prepared legal documentation for property development project for Uda Land in Bandar Uda Utama;
Syed Ridza joined the Firm in January 2015 as a senior associate and the lead lawyer for Azmi & Associates’ Johor Bahru office.
Syed Muhammad Ridza Syed Abdullah
+607 2670 0501
+6011 1077 6601