Suhara holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) degree and a Bachelor of Law (Shariah) (Honours) degree from International Islamic University Malaysia. She also holds a Master of Business Administration (Corporate Governance) degree from Universiti Putra Malaysia and an ICSA qualification from Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators.
Suhara started her practice at Azmi & Associates where she was involved in corporate matters, including in advising an airline company on its sale and purchase of aircrafts; advising a holding company of listed companies on the exit structure of a shareholder by way of capital reduction exercise and sale and purchase of shares; managing bidding process in relation to sale and purchase of shares which involved a number of potential purchasers; advising a private company in relation to the taking over of sewerage services from local authorities; advising high net-worth clients on Muslim wills, trust deeds and conveyancing matters; advising on a settlement agreement of a failed joint venture company involving a public listed company; and advising foreign parties in relation to their application for remittance licence to Bank Negara Malaysia.
Suhara joined Shook Lin & Bok in 2010 and was involved in corporate commercial, corporate finance and banking matters including in advising on the issuance of RM15.0 Billion Sukuk Musharakah by a public listed company that is involved in an energy business; advising on the issuance of Sukuk Musharakah amounting to RM380.0 Million by a private company; advising on the acquisition of 85% shares of a government linked company involved in a fertiliser business; and advising on the validity of Ijarah structure practised by local financial institutions.
Suhara joined Abdul Raman Saad & Associates in 2012 and was involved in corporate financing matters including in advising on the establishment of Al-Salām REIT, an Islamic Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) that invests in Shariah-compliant diversified portfolio of income producing real estate; advising on the issuance Sukuk Ijarah amounting to RM1.0 Billion by a special purpose vehicle company of a REIT; advising various financial institutions on financing facilities ranging from RM1.0 Million to RM450.0 Million; advising a REIT involved in a healthcare industry in its various nature of transactions (including in the acquisition of various properties for the purpose of injection into the REIT, the lease agreements and the development agreements between the REIT and various hospital operators); advising a public listed company in its related parties transactions and recurrent related parties transactions; advising a public listed company in its Employees Share Option Scheme; advising a public listed company on the issuance of Bonus Issue and Rights Issue; and advising a statutory body in relation to a financing scheme to be used by the government servants in the entire Malaysia.
She re-joined Azmi & Associates in June 2016 and is currently the partner of Mergers & Acquisitions/ Corporate Practice Group 4.
Some of the notable assignments that Suhara was part of since 2016 include:
• Advised a public company listed in New York Stock Exchange on its 100% acquisition (through its subsidiary company in Malaysia) of a Malaysian company that is involved in a sterilization business.
• Advised a China company on its acquisition of a Malaysian company and its Malaysian subsidiary’s legal compliance for the purpose of initial public offering in China.
• Advised a government linked company on its acquisition of a fuel terminal in Malaysia.
• Advised on a proposed acquisition of factoring companies by a financial institution.
• Advised on an acquisition of a property of a company in a liquidation.
• Advised a government linked company on the winding-up of its 8 subsidiaries for the regularization of its business.
• Advised in relation to an acquisition of a foreign company that involves in a parcel delivery business that has a Malaysian subsidiary.
• Advised on a proposed acquisition of 100% shares in 7 companies and 4 properties of companies in liquidation.
• Advised in relation to an investment in/acquisition of a company that involves in laboratory and pathology services.
• Advised on an investment of a government fund into a company for small and medium enterprises purposes.
• Advised on a proposed acquisition of a company that was developing hotel and residences project
• Advised on development and lease agreement of hotels.
• Advised in relation to operation and management of cafetarias of a university by a subsidiary of a public listed company.
• Advised on renovation, operation and management of a premier university housing located at a university.
• Advised Russian party on the transfer of property in Malaysia.