Serina graduated in 1992 with an LL. B Business Law (Hons) from Coventry University, England. She became a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn in 1992 and was admitted to the English Bar in 1993. She read in the chambers of Philip Nainan in Johor Bahru and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar on 27 August 1994.
Early in her career she joined Messrs KM Chye & Partners in January 1995 and underwent training in Singapore with Messrs Khattar Wong & Partners, in the field of conveyancing and banking and later in 1996 in the field of shipping. She joined Messrs Hisham, Sobri & Kadir in 1999. Serina was involved in various corporate and commercial matters, in particular, due diligence work on companies applying for listing on the Main and Second Boards of the then Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange.
Serina then became one of the founding partners of Azmi & Associates in 2000, and is responsible for the development of the Capital & Debt Markets Practice Group and Mergers & Acquisitions Practice Group. Some of her most notable assignments include:
• Advised Pengurusan Aset Air Berhad on the restructuring of the water supply industry in Selangor Darul Ehsan, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya.
• Advising a Malaysian fund management company on the establishment of a Shariah-compliant wholesale fund under the Lodge and Launch Framework.
• Advised and provided legal services to Naza Group in relation to the share sale transaction with France’s Groupe PSA in relation to car assembly plant in Gurun.
• Advising Larkin Sentral Property Berhad in relation to the waqf shares offering of up to 850 million new ordinary shares in Larkin Sentral Property Berhad to institutions and individuals at a subscription price of RM0.10 per issue share to be subsequently endowed (via waqf) to Waqaf An-Nur Corporation Berhad.
• Acted for Social Security Organisation (Socso) on matters relating to the purchase of a commercial building in Precinct 2, Putrajaya.
Serina Abdul Samad
+603 2118 5003