Nasbal Harun graduated from Universiti Malaya with a LL.B (Hons) in 2015.
Passionate towards litigation practise, Nasbal spent the term of his pupillage at Messrs Shaikh David Raj (now known as Messrs Shaikh David & Co) and was actively involved in Banking Litigation, Insurance disputes as well as Shipping & Maritime. He was admitted to the role of Advocates and Solicitors by the Malayan High Court in April 2017.
Thereafter, he proceeded to complete his pupillage in Sabah under Messrs Zainal & Associates and Messrs Ken Yong & Co and gained exposure in general banking litigation, general litigation as well as criminal defence. He was admitted to the role of Advocates of the High Court of Sabah & Sarawak in September 2018.
Nasbal joined Messrs Haniff Khatri as a Legal Associate in December 2018. Under the guidance of Mr. Haniff Khatri, he was actively involved in matters involving constitutional issues as well as public interest litigation.
Thereafter, he joined Messrs S.L. Leong, Kartina & Partners as a Legal Associate in December 2020 gaining exposure in Construction, Debt Recovery, Contractual and Commercial disputes and in February 2022, Nasbal joined Messrs Rao & Kamal and was involved in matters involving city townhall disputes, accident cases as well as employment disputes. He also acted for Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) in debt recovery and meter-tampering actions.
Nasbal joined Azmi & Associates in November 2022 and was dedicated to Litigation & Arbitration Practice Group (3) under the supervision of our Partner, Abu Daud Abd Rahim. His notable assignments include :-
• Obtained an Order staying the execution of Bankruptcy Order including the gazettement of the same which resulted in the setting aside of the Bankruptcy Order against the client;
• Provided extensive research and drafted the cause papers for Judicial Review against the smoking ban in eateries [Mohd Hanizam Yunus Dan Lain-Lain v Kementerian Kesihatan Malaysia  9 MLJ 273];
• Substituted 7-years imprisonment sentence imposed on the client with a Bond of Good Behaviour;
• Opposing Judicial Review applications as appeals to Appeal Boards by dissatisfied developers and residents against the decision of the city townhall council;
• Involved in the preparation for trial for malicious prosecution suit initiated by a political figure against the Government of Malaysia which resulted in the Court awarding a Judgment in the sum of RM300,000.00 towards the client.