Mohd Zam graduated with LL.B (Hons.) from the University of Wales at Cardiff in 1989 and was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors in 1993.
Mohd Zam has immense experience in the corporate and legal sector. He is also registered as a Licensed Company Secretary (LS 0009020-2006).
Prior to joining Azmi & Associates, Mohd Zam held several top positions in the Johor Corporation Group of Companies:
1. Property Manager of its subsidiary property and facility management company (1984-1987)
2. The General Manager of its Property & Land Division, the Legal & Corporate Affairs Division and the Legal & Corporate Services Division (from 1995 to 2005). He was involved in a number of corporate exercises and strategic projects with the Johor Corporation Group:
(a) Kotaraya Urban Renewal Project;
(b) Pasir Gudang Town Centre Project;
(c) Corporate acquisition of Damansara Realty Berhad, the QSR Group of Companies, the Johor Corporation Group’s Corporate Restructuring Master Plan, Wakaf An-Nur (world’s first corporate wakaf), the Pasir Gudang First World Islamic Municipal Bond, the founder Director of the Tg Langsat Port Sdn Bhd and the Al Aqar REIT Bhd (world’s first Islamic Healthcare REIT).
3. Director of Johor Land Berhad, EPA Plantation Sdn Bhd, Harta Consult Sdn Bhd and a number of other companies in Malaysia, Indonesia and India.
Mohd Zam Mustaman is a member of several professional bodies namely:
1. Chartered Surveyor (6547611-2014);
2. Certified International Business Valuer (MAL00059-2017);
3. Fellow of the Royal Institution of Surveyors, Malaysia (RISM)(F4907-2012);
4. Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, United Kingdom (RICS) (6547611-2014);
5. Malaysian Institution of Professional Property & Facility Manager and (MIPPFM) (PM 0430-2012);
6. International Certified Valuation Specialists, USA (ICVS)(MAL00059-2017);
7. Business Valuers Association of Malaysia (BVAM 055-2018).
Mohd Zam joined Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA), the federal agency responsible for the development of the economic corridor of Iskandar Malaysia in October 2012 as Senior Vice President, Business Development Unit. His last position in IRDA was Lead, Delivery Excellence and he left the company in December 2019.
He is also registered as a Real Estate Agent (E-0579-1986) and Property Manager (PM 1339-2018) under the Board of Valuers, Appraisers, Estate Agents & Property Managers, Malaysia (BOVEAP).
He is currently the Senior Associate 1 cum Senior Advisor for the Johor Bahru office.
Mohd Zam Mustaman
Senior Associate 1
+ 607 224 5000