Abu Daud graduated in 2002 with a LL.B (Hons) from the International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) and in 2003 earned his second degree in Bachelor of Laws (Shariah). In his free time Abu Daud enjoys taking up carpentry projects.
He joined Azmi & Associates in 2003 and spent the term of his pupillage. Abu Daud was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors in 2004. In 2011 he became a Partner at Azmi & Associates and now leads a robust practice group in Litigation, where his expertise include.
Some of Abu Daud’s most notable matters include:
• Reversing a Court of Appeal’s decision that interfered with a judgment that was not the subject matter of appeal from High Court.
• Obtaining a Court Order confirming capital reduction within the same month of filing of Petition.
• Settling an acrimonious estate matter that was not administered after more than 20 years.
• Obtaining possession of aircraft for a foreign client in the custody of a local hirer pending arbitration.
• Recovering possession of a parking premises for a joint management body from the operator contractor.