UMAR IZAT NUBLI read law at Universiti Teknologi MARA and graduated with a LL.B (Hons) in 2019.
He served as an intern at the Attorney General Chambers of Malaysia in 2017 and Messrs. Wong & Partners, a member firm of Baker & McKenzie International (Messrs. Wong & Partners) in 2019. He then commenced his pupillage in November 2019 at Messrs. Wong & Partners.
He gained experience in various matters but spent considerable time on corporate and commercial as well as banking and Islamic finance matters. He was involved in, among others, regulatory compliance, licensing, due diligence and drafting of legal documents and legal opinions.
He was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in December 2020.
Some of his assignments include:
• advising a renewable energy power producing company for the sale of ordinary shares and issuance of preference shares to an energy business public company in relation to the issuance of RM975.0 million Sukuk;
• advising a multinational oil and gas company in relation to its proposed acquisition of an offshore gas field project in Asia from three (3) international oil and gas companies;
• advising on the structure of a joint venture between a Spain entity and a Malaysian entity in respect of engineering solutions services in the oil and gas industries;
• advising on the structure for a 100% acquisition of a target company by a public listed company for the purpose of expanding its diary business;
• advising Pelaburan MARA Berhad in respect of the acquisition of shares from minority shareholders in a public company involved in the business of financial services;
• advising SAMSUNG SDI Energy Malaysia Sdn. Bhd in relation to the exchange of lands for the production of EV battery cell facility in Negeri Sembilan;
• advising on the divestment of a subsidiary of Ministry of Finance Incorporated;
• advising on the disposal of 51% ordinary shares in a company engaged in the provision of safety consultancy, rig training and coaching in the oil and gas industry;
• advising on the proposed development of a biogas power plant with an installed capacity of 1.2 MW, in the State of Johor; and
• advising Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Selangor (PKNS) in respect of development of three (3) Rumah Selangorku projects.