Umar Izat Nubli graduated from Universiti Teknologi MARA with a LL.B (Hons) in 2019.
He then commenced his pupillage in November 2019 at Wong & Partners and was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors of the High Court of Malaya in December 2020.
He joined Azmi & Associates in May 2021 to join our Mergers and Acquisitions practice area.
Some of his notable assignments include:
• assisted in the renewal and added value application of licensed manufacturing warehouse by A.Schulman Thermoplastic Compounds Sdn. Bhd.;
• assisted in conducting due diligence for the acquisition of AXA Affin Life Insurance and AXA Affin General Insurance by Generali Asia N.V.;
• assisted in drafting Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Policy for Louis Vuitton (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.;
• assisted in preparing legal opinions for Airbnb on issues regarding the operation of Short Term Rental Accommodation in Malaysia pre-COVID-19 and during COVID-19;
• assisted in preparing legal opinion in connection with the provision of regulatory advice in respect of the provision of mobile phone repair and replacement services by Amtrust Mobile Solutions Malaysia Sdn. Bhd. to the customers of Samsung Malaysia Electronics Sdn. Bhd. for Samsung Care+;
• assisted in conducting due diligence for the Islamic Medium Term Notes Facility of up to RM535.0 million in aggregate nominal value to be established by AZRB Capital Sdn. Bhd.;
• advising in the acquisition of shares in a State-linked waste management company;
• advising MARA Corporation Sdn Bhd in relation to the restructuring of Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA)’s subsidiaries; and
• advising Rubber Industry Smallholders Development Authority (RISDA), for restructuring of RISDA’s subsidiary companies.
He is currently attached to the Mergers & Acquisitions, and Corporate Practice Group under the supervision of our Partner, Sharizan Sarif.