Rohamina is a senior associate in the Global Financial Services and Islamic Banking Practice Group. She holds LL.B (Hons) from University of Reading, Certificate in Legal Practice and LL.M from King’s College London.
Rohamina joined Azmi & Associates as a legal intern and underwent her pupillage in the firm under the supervision of the Managing Partner. She was an Associate in the firm before joining Bursa Malaysia Berhad in April 2020.
Rohamina pursued her LLM in September 2020 and re-joined Azmi & Associates upon returning from London.
Rohamina has been exposed to various corporate banking matters, including cross-border transactions and banking/financing products developments which include the following:
• Advising a development financial institution in relation to the upsizing of the Multi-currency Medium Term Notes (MMTN) from USD1.5 billion to USD3 billion.
• Advising lenders in relation to the extension of the existing Bridging Loan of USD1 billion granted to a subsidiary of MISC Berhad.
• Advising lenders on the release of existing 1st and 2nd lien collateral by a Texas-based offshore drilling contractor in Malaysia and issuance of USD350 million Senior Secured First Lien Notes.
• Advising the Issuer, Bondholder and Trustee in relation to the principal deferment of the Fixed Rate Serial Bonds at nominal value of up to RM738 million.
• Advising the Government of Malaysia in relation to the Islamic financing facility of RM577 million granted to a statutory body.
• Advising Sarawak Energy Berhad and its subsidiaries in relation to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association Schedules with two counterparties banks.
• Advising Shoraka Global Resources Sdn Bhd in setting up its commodity trading platform.
• Involved in the development of the Islamic products for United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Berhad and involved in the drafting of the template documents for the products.