Muhammad Nabil graduated from International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) with a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) (Hons) in 2020.
He joined Azmi & Associates as a pupil and he was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya on 26 November 2021.
He was later retained by the Firm and is now an associate in the Mergers, Acquisitions practice area and advises on aviation, venture capital, mergers and acquisitions and other corporate as well as compliance matters.
Some of Nabil’s most notable assignments include:
• Assisted FWD Takaful Berhad in drafting an endowment agreement in relation to its endowment and collaboration with a private institution.
• Assisted and advised Tenaga Nasional Berhad in the preparation and review of the constitution of Zero Emission Vehicle Association, a society comprising members from BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) ecosystem which aims to promote the use of BEV towards reducing carbon emission.
• Assisted and advised Westfield Star Sdn Bhd in drafting and reviewing a sale and purchase agreement for the disposal of a US-registered helicopter.
• Assisted Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII) in reviewing and updating its module on the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission Act 2009 (MACC Act) including Section 17A to be in line with the MACC Act as well as incorporating industry-specific corruption scenarios.
• Advised University Malaysia Kelantan in relation to its Investment Policy and Investment Guidelines (Polisi Pelaburan dan Garis Panduan Pelaburan) to ensure the compliance with Surat Pekeliling Am Bil. 3 Tahun 1998 of the Government of Malaysia.
He is currently part of the Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Practice Group under the supervision of our Partner, Norhisham Abd Bahrin.