Gabriel Yee Full Yek graduated from University of Bristol with a LLB Law (Hons) in 2018 and completed his Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC) in BPP University London in 2019.
He was subsequently called to the Bar of England and Wales in November 2019 as a member of the Honourable Society of Lincoln’s Inn.
He commenced his pupillage at Azmi & Associates in January 2020 and was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2021.
Some of his notable assignments during his tenure in Azmi & Associates include:
• Assisted in advising, drafting and reviewing Shareholders Agreement and Share Subscription Agreement in relation to a joint venture between a local company and a Malaysian company listed in the Bursa’s Ace Market;
• Assisted in advising and drafting Master Investment Agreement for a Labuan licensed investment bank;
• Assisted in conducting a competition law due diligence on a Sarawak state-owned company to ensure that their operations are in comply with the Malaysia Competition Law;
• Conducting a legal due diligence and assisted in the preparation of loan and security documents in relation to the project financing facilities granted by Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad to its borrowers;
• Assisted in advising Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Berhad on the update of its existing US$3,000,000,000 Multicurrency Medium Term Notes in 2021.
He is currently an Associate attached to the Capital & Debt Markets Practice Group under the supervision of our Co-Deputy Managing Partner, Serina Abdul Samad and Partner, Moo Eng Thing.