Fairuz Hanim graduated from the International Islamic University of Malaysia with a First Class LL.B (Hons) in 2019.
She did her pupillage at Messrs Ram Reza & Muhammad, and was later called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors in 2020. In 2021, she further practised in Messrs Ganeson Gomathy Fadzlin M. Nava & Co, before joining Azmi & Associates in October 2021 and is now part of the Private Equity and Venture Capital practice group under the supervision of our Senior Partner, Dato’ Azmi Mohd Ali and Senior Associate, Hassan Shah.
Among her experience in commercial advisory and dispute related assignments include: –
• Acted for and advised property developers in respect of various disputes involving investors, regulatory bodies and foreign as well as local purchasers in relation to various service apartments and college projects in Kuala Lumpur and Cyberjaya.
• Acted for employers and contractors in claims relating to progress payments, quantum meruit claims, call on performance bonds, defective works, back-to-back payment, enforcement of parent company guarantees, project delays, and claims for Liquidated Ascertained Damages (LAD).
• Advised and acted for a consortium of oil and gas contractors including a public listed corporation in respect of disputes involving the procurement, construction and commissioning of petroleum pipelines.
• Involved in advising a financial institution in relation to shariah-compliant investments in small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
• Advised an Australian corporation in relation to the establishment of a Labuan Islamic foundation.
• Involved in advising a major Malaysian shipyard corporation in relation to rental disputes with a government body.