Azarith graduated from University of Technology Mara (UiTM) with BLS (Hons) in 2014 and LL.B (Hons) in 2015 and later obtained Master of Intellectual Property (LLM) from the National University of Malaysia (UKM) in 2018. She was the recipient of Yayasan Tun Abdul Hamid Law Bursary Awards by Yayasan Tun Abdul Hamid for her consistent satisfactory academic records. She underwent pupillage at Messrs Raja Darryl Loh and was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors in 2016. She subsequently joined Messrs. Azmi & Associates in 2017. She is also a member of the Young IP Professional (YIPP) of Malaysian Intellectual Property Association (MIPA) since 2019. She is also a registered trademark agent since 2021 and a registered industrial design agent since 2022.
With over 7 years of experience, she has regularly advised clients on a wide range of matters relating to intellectual property, information technology, privacy and data protection, healthcare, media and entertainment, corporate and commercial legal matters. She joined Messrs. Azmi & Associates as an associate under the Multimedia, Technology and Intellectual Property Practice Group in 2017 and later promoted to Senior Associate in 2020.
Some of her notable assignments include:
• Advised and provided legal services to SOMALAC, a company based in Anderlecht, Belgium in respect of the purchase of business from Societe Des Produits Nestle S.A, a company based in Switzerland.
• Advised and provided legal services to Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNB) in respect of proposed equity investment and financing facility amounting to RM17.5 million pursuant to a management buyout of a public company.
• Advised and provided legal services to Koperasi Angkatan Tentera Malaysia Berhad in respect of its proposed investment in a target company being a multinational financial technology company with the business of multi-currency electronic wallet with visa prepaid card features.
• Advised and provided legal services to Duopharma (M) Sendirian Berhad in respect of a business relationship with foreign companies in the United Stated of America and Singapore for a proposed collaboration for the manufacturing, supply, development, commercialization, distribution and technology transfer of a vaccine.
• Advised and provided legal services to Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) in respect of MARA Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system including pertaining to licensing of software, development of the system and independent verification and validation services.
• Advised and provided legal services to Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in respect of the supply, delivery, installation, testing and commissioning of a Total Hospital Information System (THIS) in Hospital Pengajar UPM.
• Advised and provided legal services to Myswitch Sdn Bhd (MYSWITCH) in respect of its multi-channel financial switching platform. This encompasses the whole ecosystem involving merchant acquiring services, licensing and maintenance services as well as outsourcing services of settlement of transactions services.
• Advised Forest Research Institute Malaysia (FRIM) in respect of the appointment of its commercial arms, FRIM Incorporated Sdn Bhd to promote and commercialize FRIM’s technologies and expertise through strategic business and partnership engagement, with the intent to optimizing the cost and maximizing the return to its stakeholders.
• Advised and provided legal services to Malaysian Agricultural Research And Development Institute (MARDI) in respect of its intellectual property and commercialization policy.
• Advised and provided legal services to UMW Corporation Sdn Bhd in respect of drafting of the Intellectual Property Guidelines for UMW Group.
• Advised and provided legal services to Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM) in respect of a proposed collaboration between UPM and Farm Fresh Berhad in respect of development and operation of a dairy farm.
• Advised and acted on behalf of QSR Brands (M) Holdings Bhd and 3C Marina Park Sdn Bhd in respect of opposition proceedings filed by a third party against the registration of their trademark in Malaysia.
• Advised and provided legal services to Perbadanan Kemajuan Filem Nasional Malaysia (FINAS) in respect of its funding known as Digital Contend Fund (DKD) and Film in Malaysia Incentive (FIMI) as well as International Film Co-production Program.
She has written and co-authored various articles published on written publication as well as international website on matters related to information technology and intellectual property such as Azmilaw Newsletter, Global Intellectual Property Convention, Asian Mena Counsel In-House Community and Global Legal Group. She is also a speaker for various talks, seminar and webinar on matters related to information technology and intellectual property including for University Putra Malaysia (UPM), Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA), Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM), Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Selangor (PKNS), Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) and DRB-HICOM Group of Companies.