Shameer graduated from International Islamic University Malaysia in 1992 and obtained his Master of Laws from Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia in September 2009.
He was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates and Solicitors in 1993.
Prior to joining our Firm, he joined Messrs. Nik Saghir & Ismail in May 1992 and held different positions from a pupil until he became a Partner and head of the Property Division, effective from July 1997. He left Messrs. Nik Saghir & Ismail in January 2017 to another law firm, where he became Senior Associate of that firm prior to his resignation in September 2017.
He brings on board 24 years of professional practice. He offers a unique blended skill-set and expertise with a robust background in varied and wide-ranging experience in the areas of banking, financial services, conventional and Islamic financing, corporate and commercial, real estate, information technology & telecommunications, joint venture and trust as well as investment.
His notable assignment during the tenure of his career include:
- Acted as counsel in relation to the corporatisation exercise of Federal Land Consolidation and Rehabilitation Authority (FELCRA) including preparing the corporatisation agreement and providing legal opinions and advice to FELCRA BERHAD and its management on all legal matters relating to pre and post corporatisation exercise;
- Acted for Universiti Telekom Sdn Bhd in connection with a concession agreement for the operation, construction and renovation of Multimedia University’s hostel building for its Cyberjaya Campus on built, operate and transfer concept;
- Acted for Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad in connection with an Islamic Financing Facility totalling RM210,000,000.00 granted to a company for the construction of PPA1M Project in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur;
- Acted for GITN Sdn Bhd (a wholly owned subsidiary of Telekom Malaysia Berhad) in connection with a concession granted by the Government of Malaysia to GITN Sdn Bhd to provide and manage the Government Integrated Telecommunication Network Services (1GOV*NET);
- Acted for Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia (LLM) in respect of the proposed amendment to Highway Authority Malaysia (Incorporation) Act 1980 which includes the study of all concession agreements entered into between the Government of Malaysia and the various toll concessionaires;
- Acted as counsel for Beverly Group in respect of various sale and purchase as well as other commercial agreements relating the development of a two block condominium towers known as Marc Service Residence, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur;
- Acted as counsel for Udapec Sdn Bhd (a wholly owned subsidiary of UDA Holdings Berhad) in respect of various sale and purchase as well as other commercial agreements relating the development of a township known as Bandar Tun Hussein Onn, Cheras, Kuala Lumpur;
- Acted as counsel for Kumpulan Wang Simpanan Pekerja (KWSP) in respect of a loan facility granted to Universiti Teknologi Malaysia for the construction of a hostel facility at UTM, Skudai, Johore;
- Acted as counsel for a venture capital company registered with Securities Commission Malaysia in connection with various investment agreements entered by the said company with various commercial entities including providing legal advisory works on matters relating to issuance of the various types/class of shares in a company, powers/duties of directors, rights and liabilities of shareholders and various other relevant issues under the ambit of relevant laws and regulations;
- Acted as counsel for Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM) in connection with the drafting and preparation of various SSM’s employees housing scheme facility;
- Acted as counsel for Telekom Malaysia Berhad in respect of establishment and registration of Yayasan Telekom Malaysia under the provisions of the Trustees Incorporation Act, 1952;
- Acted for Bank Pembangunan Malaysia Berhad in connection with a loan facility of RM50,000,000.00 granted to a company for the construction of hydro power plant in Kuala Kangsar, Perak;
- Acted as counsel for Hicom Indungan Sdn Bhd for various transactions involving the acquisition and disposal of various assets belonging to the company;
- Acted as counsel for Hijrah Unit Trust Fund Sdn Bhd in respect of establishment of a unit trust fund known Amanah Saham Wanita (“ASNITA”);
- Acted as counsel for Multimedia Development Corporation Sdn Bhd in connection with the issuance of the various multimedia flagship’s concept request for proposal (CRFP) relating to the development and establishment of Multimedia Super Corridor and the subsequent preparation and negotiation of the various agreements between the Government of Malaysia and the relevant service providers.
He is currently the Partner in charge of Financial Services 2 (FS 2) Practice Group at Messrs. Azmi & Associates.