Sheh Ting graduated from the University of Sheffield, United Kingdom in 2006 with honours in the Bachelor of Laws Degree (LL.B). She pursued and obtained her Master of Laws (LL.M) with specialisation in Commercial Law in the same university the following year. She thereafter obtained the Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP) from the Legal Profession Qualifying Board of Malaysia and she was admitted as an Advocate & Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2010. She has received several awards for her academic achievement including the merit scholarship from the university where she took up her pre-university courses as well as her law degree.
Sheh Ting’s area of practice encompasses real estate, conveyancing, banking and finance. During her tenure of practice in the legal profession, she handles a broad range of matters including corporate real estate acquisitions and disposals, property development and construction, joint venture, projects for residential land, strata and individual title, industrial estates, commercial buildings, hotels and rural properties, property financing, corporate finance, project finance, Islamic banking, syndicated lending and retail loan matters.
She has been actively involved in undertaking various legal assignments including those local companies to public listed companies and foreign multinationals to offer full range of service and practical advice to the needs of the clients in the property, banking and finance, both from the local to the national level.
Her past notable assignments include:
- Acting for a leading private healthcare provider in Malaysia, pertaining to a project for constructing and developing a private specialist hospital(s) located at Sepang, Malaysia.
- Advising a reputable developer on the Joint Development Agreement for a construction and development project located at Plentong, Johor Bahru, with the minimum guaranteed entitlements up to RM120 million to the land owner.
- Providing legal advisory to a wholly owned subsidiary of the Minister of Finance Incorporated (MOF Inc.) on a Joint Venture Agreement in respect of a construction and remaining development of a project of land at Rawang, Gombak with the development cost of RM175 million.
- Advising and assisting with an unrated medium-term notes programme of RM1,000.0 million in nominal value (“MTN Programme”) to be established by an issuer (“MTN Programme”) whereby a few reputable investment banks in Malaysia shall act as JPA, JLA and the joint lead managers for the MTN Programme(s).
- Handling and advising the contract financing program and revolving credit facilities up to RM140 million granted by a reputable foreign bank to an engineering, construction & property development company in relation to LRT 3 project.
- Acting as leading counsel for a syndicated term financing of USD1.0 Billion granted by a syndicate of lenders comprising off-shore banks and local commercial banks for the purpose of buying back the equity interest in the owner and lessor of Asia-Pacific’s first deepwater semi-submersible floating production system (semi-FPS).
- Acting as leading counsel for a financing facility of USD376 million granted by one of the largest financial services companies in Japan to a leading international shipping line of Malaysia for the purpose to finance the acquisition cost of the liquefied natural gas vessels from Hyundai Heavy Industries, Korea.
- Acting as local counsel for a syndicated loan of USD 315 million granted by a syndicate of lenders comprising off-shore banks and local commercial banks for the development and production of petroleum resources from the Berantai field.
- Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- Member of Asia Pacific Loan Market Association (APLMA) (2015-2017)
- Member of the UK Alumni Network (UKAN)
- Member of Alliance Française de Kuala Lumpur, French Culture and Language Centre in Kuala Lumpur
- Lim Sheh Ting (2007), “Administration under the revised procedures introduced by the Enterprise Act 2002: Past and Future”, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Lim Sheh Ting and Mohd Rasheed Khan (2010), “Winds of Change in Petronas”, @azmilaw Newsletter Issue Number 24, Volume 4/2010
- Lim Sheh Ting and Noreeta Mohd Nor (2014), “Acquisition of Property by Foreign Interests in Malaysia”, Asian Legal Business (ALB), April 2014 Asia Edition, Thompson Reuters.
She is currently part of Projects Practise Group under the supervision of our Partner, Encik Zuhaidi Mohd Shahari.