Ahmad Syahir graduated in 2008 with a LL. B (Hons) from International Islamic University of Malaysia (IIUM). He joined Azmi & Associate in May 2008 to undertake his pupilage under the supervision of our Senior Partner, Dato’ Azmi Mohd Ali. In 2009, he was called to the Malaysian Bar and admitted to the roll of Advocates.
He has attended the International and Executive Legal Education (IELE) training at University of California, Berkeley, United States in January 2015 and he has successfully obtained a Certificate of American Law from Berkeley School of Law, University of California, U.S.A. In his free time Ahmad Syahir enjoys travelling with is family and going for nature treks.
In 2015, Ahmad Syahir was promoted to the rank of partner here at Azmi & Associate. Ahmad Syahir has been involved in many matters since he began his career in law, some of the more notable matters include:
- Advising the Federal Government in relation to the Islamic Facilities of up to RM544,000,000.00 and RM230,000,000.00 only granted to a government owned corporate entity for the purpose of financing of specific development and project.
- Advising Bank Pembangunan Malaysia in preparing the relevant legal documentation in relation to the novation exercise and settlement arrangement of the outstanding total loan facilities of up to RM1.864 billion involving Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor Sdn Bhd, Acqua SPV Berhad and Tekal Tiasa Sdn Bhd.
- Advising lenders in relation to the Term Loan Facilities of USD456 million granted in favour of three Labuan subsidiaries of MISC Berhad to finance the project costs of 3 vessels.
- Advising UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Berhad and its group of companies in relation to syndicated facilities up to USD550 Million granted by syndicated financial institutions.
- Advising a Malaysian development financial institution bank on the upsizing of its Multicurrency Medium Term Note (MMTN) of up to USD3.0 Billion.
- Advising and drafting the rules governing the operations of Bursa Suq al-Sila’, a commodity trading platform under Bursa Malaysia Berhad based on the Shariah concept of Murabahah, and providing legal advice on the establishment and operation (including on the Shariah issues) of the same.
- Advising the Federal Government in relation to the Islamic Financing Facilities of up to RM577,445,827.00 only granted to a Land Development Authority Agency.